Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scratching that Itch

I bought a lottery scratch-off today. My secret little vice. I don't know what it is about them. For some reason, I continue to buy scratch-offs, even though the most I ever win is about $5 dollars.

As usual, I went through the tickets with no luck.  It's always the same routine. I quickly scratch them off and in the end, all I'm left with is a little pile of dust in my lap.

I was chastising myself about my silly little vice, when I scratched off the last ticket and was shocked to see that one of my numbers matched a winning number.  $50 bucks was the prize!  I looked again and realized I had more than one number that matched the winning numbers.  The more I checked, the more matching numbers I had, and each time the prize was $50 bucks.

Turns out, I won a total of $250 dollars!  Whoo-Hoo! It's about time! Come to Mama.

My joy moment today was winning some cash in the lottery.

Time to quit while I'm ahead.  Back to my old vice...  retail therapy!  LOL.  Just kidding!

Stay tuned :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever thought about playing the Lottery "Home Edition?" Just take a dollar bill, ball it up and throw it in the trash can. Cuts out the middle man...LOL! Love your blog Nina. It brings me JOY!