Monday, May 17, 2010

Down Home Love

Farewell, New York. My wonderful visit has come to an end.  I must leave the fast, city life for some sweet, country living.  Next stop, the south. Home of two, fab ladies... my mom and grandmom.

My mom has been so excited about my pending visit.  She emailed and called me almost every day this week, leading up to tonight's arrival. Then, my grandmother and her were at the airport 30 minutes early, just to make sure they would be there on time to greet me.

One of my favorite moments of every visit is our meeting in the baggage claim area. They're always waiting with a big, warm welcome.  Just picture, two senior gals waving, squealing, laughing, smiling, and simultaneously lunging forward to give me hugs and kisses.

They're the best welcoming party, ever!  I love those ladies and I'm always so happy when I get to spend time with them.

My joy moment today was my reunion with my Mom and Grandmom... and their awesome, down home love.  Right back at ya, Mom and Gran!

Stay tuned :- )

1 comment:

GodsFavDiva said...

I was seriously wondering how you could ever leave NYC after such a momentous visit: the wedding; "The View"; a Denzel Washington sighting; great shoe shopping and more with long-time friends.

And then you upped the ante, a visit with Mom and Grandma!! Just beautiful, Ms. Girl! (and a little tear-inducing...)