Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fire up the grill!

There's nothing like a barbecue on a beautiful, sunny day. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken sizzling on the grill.  Veggies, corn, and yummy snacks and treats, being consumed nearby.

What do we need to make the barbecue complete?  Good friends and family.

During my visit to New York I've been staying with a close friend of mine.  She was kind enough to open up her home to a few of my family members who were coming to visit with me today... and she decided have a barbecue party for them, to boot!  It was great barbecue and everyone had a wonderful time.

I enjoyed spending time with relatives that I haven't seen in awhile. We shared many pictures and stories from back in the day.  My family and her family also had a a good time getting to know each other.

My friend was a wonderful hostess and can multi-task with the best of them. She fired up the grill, made everyone comfortable and had a great time, herself!

My joy moments today were a fun visit from my family members, a great barbecue party, and my gratitude for having an amazing friend who is one of the best pals a girl could have.

I love a good BBQ!

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: