Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You've Got Talent!

I love quotes. Especially, inspiring and motivating quotes. Whenever I come across great phrases, I like to share them with others.  We all can use an uplifting message every now and then.

A dear friend of mine recently gave me a lovely book with wonderful quotes and sayings, by regular folks and famous ones. Such a great gift! It also contains inspirational stories and guides on discovering your true purpose in life and finding a way to share it. Ultimately, bringing joy to your life and to others. Love it! It's totally up Ms. Girl's alley.

The theme and main message is summed up in the following quote from the book..."The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." 

I'm a true believer that we all have special talents or gifts that we bring to the world. Yet many times, we may feel we don't have the time or we're not sure where to begin to find them. Maybe that's just my excuse, LOL. Hopefully, this is a great way for me to get started. 

In case you're also interested, the name of the book is, "One: How many people does it take to make a difference?" by Dan Zadra and Kobi Yamada. 

My joy moment today was reading a book, given to me by a fab friend, that inspires me to seek out my individual talent and use it to make a difference for others.

I'm off to discover!  I hope you'll do the same. :-)

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: