Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's Your Fantasy?!

It was one of those days. You know, the stressful ones. Lots to do and not enough time to do it all.  The kind where you dream of hitting the lottery and driving off into the sunset. Instead, I was driving in bumper to bumper L.A. traffic, near sunset.  Not even close.

I needed a pick me up. Big time.  While I sat there choking on fumes and listening to the various car radios compete with each other, I starting daydreaming of things I'd rather be doing...

-Making summer plans. 

-Eating chocolate, because it makes everything better.  

-Ice cream... right up there with chocolate. 

-Getting a massage... I started to feel better just thinking about it.

-Planning a weeked getaway with the gal pals. Vegas, anyone?! 

-Chocolate. Sorry, I have a one track mind. 

-Hitting up stores during an all-expense paid shopping spree.  I was deep into fantasy mode.

-Walking the red carpet in designer duds for a high profile affair.  I think I'm watching too much "Access Hollywood." 

-On a date with Denzel, Matthew McConaughey, or some sexy celeb. If I'm going to go there, let's make it good. 

-Vacationing on a tropical island. Me. On a beach. Hot dude. Delectable food and drinks... and then...TRUCK HORN!... jolted me right out of my dream.  A massive big rig starting honking at the car next to me. Guess the guy next to me was daydreaming, too. Drive and daydream, buddy. Get with it!  LOL.   

I quickly returned to my happy place and started again.

-Chocolate.  LOL

My joy moment today was taking my mind off my crazy day and letting it wander to faraway places and fun ideas. My drive time didn't seem as long and it lessened my stress. 

Who says fantasies are just for kids?  

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: