Friday, June 11, 2010

The Hunt for Happy

Ah, the joy journey. It brings me just that... joy. Yet, I wouldn't be telling the truth if I made it seem like each and every day was filled with nothing but delirious happiness. That would be nice, but let's be real, life isn't like that. That's the stuff movies are made of, LOL.

My purpose is to find a moment of joy in the midst of all of life's craziness. Whether it's a few hours or a few minutes.

Instead of getting up, getting through the day, going to bed and starting all over again... with days, weeks and months flying by... I want to find one moment (ideally, several!) each day that reminds me to be appreciative, content, or joyful.

So what do I do on the days when everything is going wrong, or filled with stress or like today, when I'm under the weather and things are topsy turvy?

That's when the joy journey is all the more important and all the more worthwhile. Because in the midst of a bad day, sickness, craziness, life drama... finding a moment to pause, to breathe, to recharge and regroup is imperative. Taking my mind off whatever the issue is and redirecting it to something hopeful or happy is always a step in the right direction. Usually, it helps in getting through the situation in a better state of mind... and more often than not, with better results! It''s on those occasions, that I've found my joy journey to be all the more rewarding.

My joy moment today was remembering, like anything else, that this too shall pass. It always does. In the meantime, I'm staying on the path of joy, counting my blessings and appreciating each and every day.

The hunt continues. :-)

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl
http://huntforhappy.blogspot.com/

No comments: