Thursday, June 3, 2010

No Time like the Present

Today I was looking for a document and came across a box of files with several writing projects that I'd started but didn't finish. As I read some of them again, I became re-inspired and wondered why I had let them fall by the wayside.

Time, procrastination, life stuff... take your pick. I've probably got enough excuses to fill another box. All I know is finding that pile full of goodies was both exciting and dismaying.

Dismaying because several of the documents were over 3-4 years old. I can't even pretend they were lost, since they were neatly put away, by yours truly, in a pile full things I was supposed to get back to. Not good. Plus, a few of them were actually pretty funny. But who was laughing?

Action was needed. I took the files out, sorted through the script ideas and selected one that I would complete by years end. No more excuses!  No more putting things off or stuffing it away in boxes. It was time to do it. If not now, when? It's 2010. Time to begin again... and get to the end.  I was excited.

My joy moment today was discovering and dusting off some of my old writing projects and making a commitment to complete one.

You are my witnesses.  No pressure.  Okay, actually, I'm feeling a little pressure... but that's a good thing, LOL. Ms. Girl obviously needs it.  Only 6 months to go!

I'll keep you posted. 

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: