Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Big One!

I hit the jackpot!!!

Whoo-hoo! Going to pick up a bunch of friends and family and go on a long, extended vacation... all around the world!  First stop, a private jet to an amazing tropical island!  Effective immediately.

Headed to the airport, packing just my purse and a big 'ol smile.
Some.  Things.  Are.  Going.  To.  Change.  Big Time!!

Then I came back to earth.  My daydream ended.  Reality check!!

I snapped out of my fantasy fog and tuned back into the conversation. My friend has just told me that the convenience store near my old place, sold a 12 million dollar lottery ticket. Something told me not to move! LOL.

We both sat for a moment dreaming of all the things we could do if either of us hit the big one... We'd take care of friends and family... Donate money to charities and worthy causes... Purchase a beautiful house by the water.... Travel to exotic places... Buy a fabulous wardrobe... Nice cars...  Every now and then it's nice to dream.

My joy moment today was having some fun fantasizing with a friend about all the things we could do if we won the million dollar prize.

Coming back to reality wasn't so bad, because I'm still a rich girl. I have things that money can't buy...  the genuine love of friends and family. It may sound corny but it's true. Haven't we all heard those unfortunate stories of the lonely and troubled millionaire?

Someone once said, "The best things in life are not things."  I'd have to agree.

Take that, Mr. Lottery Maker!  LOL.

Stay tuned :-) 

Ms. Girl 

No comments: