Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Ain't It Good to Know..."

While channel surfing tonight, I came across a TV concert of two great artists, Carol King and James Taylor. They were singing a duet of their classic oldie... "You've Got A Friend."



That song has such great lyrics...

"When you're down and troubled and need a helping hand... and nothing, oh nothing, is going right. Just close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there... to brighten up, even your darkest night. 
You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running, to see you again. Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you gotta do is call... And I'll be right there. Yes, I will. You've got a friend."

Hopefully, we're all blessed to have such a person as described above in our lives. That person or persons, that we can count on. No matter the time of day or the reason, they are there for us if we need them.

Those beautiful lyrics made me think of the great friends that I have in my life. The ones I can call when I need to vent, need a laugh, or a pick me up. The ones I can feel free to share good news, bad news, and even embarrassing news. Or those times when I can't find the words and don't have to, because they know just the right thing to say.  

No agendas, no pretense. Just that wonderful person who loves you, just for you... just the way you are.

To have one friend like that is a gift, to have several... you've hit the jackpot. You are rich, indeed.

My joy moment today was my moment of appreciation for all my wonderful and amazing friends. They bring a smile to my face and joy to my spirit, just thinking about how special they are and how blessed I am to have them.

"Aint' it good to know, you've got a friend."   Yes, it is!

Cheers to good friends.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl
http://huntforhappy.blogspot.com/

No comments: