Monday, June 7, 2010

Joy Journey... 5 Months In!

I'm just about five months in on my very first blog.  Feels good!

I can't tell you the last time I made a commitment to do something every, single day... and actually did it.  Usually, I can't committ to anything for that long.  Like...

Diets!  I get too darn hungry. Even when I've lasted three months or so, right after I lose the weight, it's back on the Ben and Jerry train or hanging out at the Coldstone's corner for me.  And then, voila! The back fat is back. :-)

Exercise classes...  I hit the wall (literally) pretty quick.  I was on a good schedule for about 2 months, but now... let's just say the only exercise I'm getting lately is when I lift up my fork. I'm not proud of it, people! Just being honest. :-)  I'm headed back, gotta do it.

But with my blog, I've been amazingly consistent since the beginning. My joy journey has truly given me a more positive and upbeat spirit. Taking a moment each day to find contentment, appreciation, fun or just something to make myself or another person smile has brought more joy into my life... as well as the people I have the honor of spending the moments with.

Sharing it on this blog and hopefully, bringing some of that feeling to my readers, is the icing on my joy cake. Ms. Girl, obviously likes her food examples. LOL.

My joy moment today was feeling proud that I've stuck with a goal for a whole 5 months. In the process,  gaining a richer and greater appreciation for each day on this earth.

Thanks for hanging with me!  The joy journey continues.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: