Saturday, March 20, 2010

Scream for Ice Cream!

I've been on a diet lately. Boo, hiss! I'm trying to get in shape for an upcoming wedding in May.  I would like to be in better shape overall but for now, let's concentrate on getting me into a cute dress.

The clock is ticking and I probably should have began my diet in January (like January 2009, lol) but I just couldn't seem to get started.   I wasn't looking forward to some of the food restrictions.  For some  reason, ice cream, cake, chocolate, pies, and other tasty treats are not  allowed on a diet.

I'm sure many of you are thinking that's what landed me here in the first place. Now is not the time, dear friends.  I'm fragile and sweet deprived. But, you are right.

I finally got with the program and gave up almost all of my sugar vices and started eating better.  But one thing I still seem to have trouble giving up is chocolate.

In the past few weeks, I've kept my chocolate fix down to a daily, mini chocolate bar... caloric content, 38 calories.  Well, really, 76 calories because I always have two.  I'm trying, people!

Anyway, other than that, I've stayed on track and haven't had any of my favorite sweets, like ice cream.  That is, until I came across, (insert music crescendo here), Three Musketeer mini ice cream bars.  I love them!  It's chocolate and ice cream and a musketeers bar... all combined.  Can you say heaven?!

I know I sound like a commercial but I could very well be their spokesgirl.  These bars have come to my rescue and the best part... they're only 90 calories! Come to Mama. LOL.  Now I can stay on my diet and indulge in TWO of my favorite treats.

My joy moment today was finding these bars and finding out they are delicious.

Don't we all scream for ice cream?!  :-)

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: