Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quiet Time

It was a hectic Tuesday. This morning there were major incidents on both of the freeways that I normally take to work. My GPS re-directed me to a completely new route.  Unfortunately, it entailed four different freeways. I finally arrived to work an hour and a half later... very tired but thankful that I made it safe and sound.

Upon arrival, I had time for a quick cup of coffee before I immediately had to return phone calls, conduct several back to back interviews, answer emails, get updates, etc. At one point, I looked up and it was already 3pm and I'd yet to have lunch. The day was flying by... I decided it was time to take a break.

Luckily, I happened upon an vacant office with a nice view. I quickly went in, shut the door and enjoyed a peaceful lunch with the sun streaming in from two, big windows.  I began to relax, for the first time all day. No phones, no computer... just peace and quiet and a sunny view.

My joy moment today was that quiet time that I found during a very hectic day.

It was just the recharge I needed for the remainder of the afternoon.

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: