Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New 'Do!

I was somewhat excited, yet very nervous when I arrived for my appointment.  I had confidence in this woman but things could still go very wrong.

Then she said, "trust me".  I thought, "aren't those the famous last words just before things go awry?"   As I sat down in a chair, facing the mirror with her standing behind me, I took a deep breath and gave her the final go-ahead.  My hairdresser was going to give me a complete new look.  Oh, my, gosh!  What was I thinking?!

I was the one who actually suggested getting a new hairdo, but now everything in me wanted to back out and revert to my same, old style. My hairdresser was having none of it.   We'd spoken about it several times before (and the last few days leading up to this one) I could tell she wasn't going to let me weasel out of it.

Let me add that my hairdresser is wonderful and very talented. I didn't have a reason to think that things wouldn't go well. But something about new and cut and hair... just made me nervous. Thankfully, my stylist has a ton of patience and explained everything, every step of the way.

A few hours later, after a wash, a blow-dry (and some questions), a cut (several more questions) and style, it was time for the big reveal.  She spun me around to face the mirror.  I looked at myself... tilted my head from side to side, adjusted my hair behind my right ear, then smiled.  I loved it!

I think we both exhaled at the same time.  I'd just been holding my breath a lot longer, lol.

I repeatedly thanked her. Not just for my cute, new hairdo but for putting up with my crazy, nervous behavior.  She laughed and told me I wasn't that bad and she's had much worse.  Good to know... I think.  :-)

My joy moment today was getting a sassy, new look... and my ride home, with the wind blowing  through my hair.

I know, very dramatic!  LOL.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: