Thursday, March 18, 2010

Get Your Vitamin D!

Had a very busy day at work today. So busy, I barely left my desk and worked right through lunch.  By the time I packed up and headed to the car I was ready to go home and go right to bed.

As I drove out of the dark parking garage, my mood changed when I saw the sun was still out.   It was such a nice surprise, since it's always dark when I leave.

It's funny how at that moment I was very happy that we sprang ahead an hour this week, although that wasn't the case when I woke up this past Monday morning.

Seeing the light outside actually made my mood a litttle lighter.   I  started thinking about my plans for  Friday... my agenda for the weekend... things I want to do for my upcoming birthday....  All of a sudden, I was a more upbeat.

You're probably saying she needs to get out more... and you're probably right. The fluorescent lights in the office do nothing for me (or anyone for that matter).  This girl needs real light... sunlight.  I need my daily Vitamin D fix!  Note to self, must leave office for at least ten minutes of sunbathing. 

My joy moment today was basking in the remaining sunlight after work.... it left me with a pleasant glow.  :-) 

Stay tuned :-) 

No comments: