Thursday, March 25, 2010

Facbook Connection

Today, two relatives that I haven't heard from in ages found me on Facebook. 

I was so happy to see to their faces and connect with them.  I'm not trying to promote the popular social networking site (they're doing very well on their own), but I will say that I've had many amazing reunions with their help.

I've been in touch with several good friends from high school and college that I'd lost touch with... I even heard from a few grade school buddies that found me!  Let's "face" it (pardon) it probably wouldn't have happened through the phone book. The site has made it fun and easy to rediscover old friends and family from years past.  As a result, I've had many great trips down memory lane.

It also helps me to stay better connected with my friends and relatives that I'm not able to see all the time or who live far away. 

I think of Facebook as a daily newspaper for each of my friends and relatives lives.  Their status updates provide little nuggets of what's happening in their world, keeping us connected and current in a whole new modern way. 

I'm looking forward to catching up with my long lost relatives, finding out what's new... and hopefully, getting some face time very soon. 

My joy moment today came after receiving two Facebook friend requests from long lost family members.   Such a nice surprise.

Technology rocks! 

Stay tuned :-) 

No comments: