Saturday, March 13, 2010

Makeup!

Today I was doing some returns at a department store when one of the sales clerks mentioned there was a celebrity makeup artist doing makeovers that afternoon. I didn't feel like sitting down for a total face job but I was in desperate need of some updated lipstick.

I can never find a lipstick that works for me so I continue to use my very old, but tried and true color. I've been wearing it for - ev - er.  It was definitely time for something new, so I hopped in the makeup chair.

The friendly makeup artist came over and asked me what I was looking for in a lipstick... Gloss? Semi-gloss? Matte? Cover?... etc, etc. etc.  I quickly surmised that answering, "something pretty", wasn't going to cut it.  This might not be as quick as I thought.

Yet, I've never had so much fun looking for lipstick. The makeup artist and I were laughing and chatting it up the entire time. He was very funny and made me feel like a beautiful model as he and his associates simultaneously worked on me, as if prepping me for a photo shoot.

What started as a lipstick search, ended with me being made-over in full, glam makeup.  I had long, luscious eyelashes that would make Lady Ga Ga drool, gorgeous glittery eyeshadow, pink rosy cheeks and finally, beautiful, glossy lips.  I looked fabulous and camera ready... from the neck up. LOL

I ended up purchasing some great makeup products, except for... wait for it ... lipstick.  LOL. They were out of my chosen color.  But I'll be back to pick it up next week.

My joy moment  today was getting painted up like a supermodel.

Insert... a hot, model stare and vogue pose here. :-)

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: