Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weight Watching!

Recently, I mentioned that I started a diet and exercise regimen to get in shape for a friend's upcoming wedding. The wedding is in May. I started in late March.  I know, I should have started earlier... like somewhere around the millennium. LOL. Now the time is flying by and my pounds are holding firm.

I get on the scale every day and I'm amazed that after all my sweat and pain (and sappy tears) it barely moves. I'm just losing ounces, it's crazy!   The bulge is definitely winning this battle.

I don't get it. I'm putting in a good effort. I'm at the gym a few times a week, I'm eating MUCH less (I'm hungry right now!), and I'm counting my calories like a crazy person.  Ms. Girl is suffering (insert pouty face, seeking sympathy, here).

Yet, when I get on the scale at the end of the week, I've barely lost anything. Sometimes, the scale has the nerve to go back up!  For three weeks now, I've been hovering around the same number... and did I mention I'm starving?!

It's like the scale is taunting me.  As if it's mission is to drive me back into the hands of my hot lover... food!

It's a very mean scale.

This morning I got on the scale, sighed, looked down... and the number dropped!  Yes!  A pound... and a half!  Finally!  Just when I was about to give up, the scale relented.  I think this was part of his plan.  Mr. Scale does care.  He just wanted to teach me a lesson... Water weight.  lol.

I'll take it!  :-)

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: