Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!

Oscar Night.  It was a pretty good show but they saved the best for last... of course!

Sandra Bullock won the award for Best Actress and gave a wonderful, touching speech.   Kathryn Bigelow became the first female to win Best Director.  Her movie, "Hurt Locker" also swept many of the awards over the popular blockbuster, Avatar.

I can't forget two, great moments that happened earlier in the show, both were for the movie, "Precious".  Mo'Nique deservingly won the award for Best Supporting actress and Geoffrey Fletcher became the first African- American to win for Best Adapted Screenplay. Kudos to them.

Oh, yeah... and Jeff Bridges got his due and won Best Actor for his stellar acting in, "Crazy Heart".

I thought it was a great idea to have Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin co-host the show this year..  They were both very funny and played well off one another.

It was a celeb overload day for me.   I watched the pre-Oscar red carpet show, then the entire Oscar Show, followed by last Barbara Walters Oscar special.... and I enjoyed it all!

I saw many of my fav stars all dolled up, listened to touching speeches, and witnessed two Oscar firsts!

Great stuff.  I'd like to thank the Academy... LOL!

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: