Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Wonderful World

Tonight I had the pleasure of hearing Louie Armstrong’s classic song, “What a wonderful world” on the radio. I was a little surprised because it’s March and that song is usually reserved for the holidays.

The radio host said it was the station’s most requested song.  I was surprised to learn that.

As I listened to the song and began to sing along, I drew my own conclusions as to why it was the top selection.

It's a happy song, the lyrics are sweet and fun.   Then there is Louie Armstrong's distinct, amazing and melodic voice that makes the song sound like a beautiful lullaby.

Finally, the song centers on the basic and simple things that make the world we live in a great place...  sometimes we just need to do that. We all know the realities, but in spite of, there are so many things that make it a beautiful and wonderful world.

This great song is a cheerful reminder... no wonder it's so popular!

"Yes, I think to myself... what a wonderful world.  Oh, Yeaaaah!"

Thanks, Louie.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: