Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hooray for Hollywood!

Isn't it funny, how at certain times we just operate on automatic? We get up, we get dressed, we get in the car, we drive to our destinations....  Many times, we have the same routine day in and day out.
We live on auto-pilot.

One of the reasons I started this joy journey was to shake things up in my life....to take notice and appreciate life. Finding the joy or "joy moment" in each day, would take me off cruise control, at least once, daily.

I was definitely on auto pilot this morning during my hour and a half drive to work in bumper to bumper traffic.  I was listening to the radio, running "to do" lists, work stuff, and heaven knows what else, through my head when I looked up and saw the Hollywood sign, sitting brightly, ahead in the distance.

I couldn't recall seeing it during my drive before.  It might have been due to the L.A. smog or it could have been due to my 'routine fog', but there it was this morning, as plain as day, poking out of the hills.
It made me smile.

It brought back the reasons for my initial desire to move here. I wanted to work in television and live in Los Angeles... Hollywood... where dreams are made... and crushed... but let's not go there. LOL.

Seeing that iconic sign reminded me that I'm a lucky girl.  I live in sunny California and I have a freelance job that allows me to work on a variety of Hollywood television shows.  That was just a dream way back when... and here I am.

I might not be living all of my dreams (yet!), but I am living one of them.

Remembering that, was my "joy moment" today.  It's a Hollywood fairy-tale come true.  LOL.

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: