Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunny Sunday


Beach day... Finally! I've been hankering for a beach day for months now. Sounds crazy, since I live in California, aka beach land, but for one reason or another, it has eluded me. But today was my day!

After a friend and I found a great brunch at a lovely hotel in Santa Monica (it's Sunday people, you know me by now, LOL), where they served pancakes with pecans and "bruleed banana" (not sure what that means, but they were delish!), it was off to the beach!


I was a little worried when we first arrived at the beach because it was chilly and overcast. Could it be that I picked the one day in California when the sun didn't want to make an appearance?  Heavy sigh! But soon enough, the sun poked through the clouds and it was blues skies, glistening water and a gorgeous beach day ahead.







My joy moment today was listening to the sound of crashing waves, people watching, sunbathing, feeling the sand between my toes, partaking in good conversation and enjoying every minute of my long awaited beach day.

Hope everyone had a pleasant Sunday!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: