Monday, August 2, 2010

The Kindness of Non-Strangers


Thank goodness for great co-workers.

Sometimes when I'm juggling several things under a deadline, I get deep into work mode.  I mean, deep.  So deep, I look up and realize I've forgotten to eat lunch... or drink any fluid... or leave my chair.

Today was one of those crazy days.

I was leaving one meeting and about to head to another when a co-worker intercepted me.  She'd witnessed a few of my 4:00pm lunches and was having none of it today.  She flagged me down, and her and another co-worker took my lunch order and delivered it to me upon arrival.

Later, they stopped by my office and brought me a mid-day, chocolate pick-me up.  It was right on time, and I welcomed the late day boost.

Their kindness touched me. They didn't have to stop in and check on me, or take the extra measure to make sure I consumed a morsel of food before dinner time.  But they did... and I was grateful for their thoughtfulness.

The kindness of my amazing co-workers was my joy moment for today.

May I have a chance to return the favor, of those two great ladies, one day soon.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

1 comment:

Jodene said...

Ah, it's really the simplest gestures and stories that put a smile of the faces of people who get lost in work and the mayhem of the world.

Best part is that you got chocolate ;-)