Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mornin' Sunshine!


Had a different kind of wake up call today. Instead of my alarm clock rousing me out of my slumber, it was the bright morning sun.

Normally, the room is vampire-style dark with zero light coming through the windows. But due to a sudden air conditioning malfunction, and triple digit weather, all the windows were opened, shades were thrown back and any semblance of a breeze brought about a cheer... and a slight whimper, lol.

So, when I was awakened this morning to a very bright light, I forgot and thought, (a) someone had played a trick on me and moved my bed outside, (b) I was in some kind of movie-type, dream sequence, (c) I'd suffered a heat stroke.

Turns out, it was just the beautiful morning sun making it's grand appearance. I opened my eyes to lovely blue skies, bright clouds, and warm sunlight on my face.

Although, it was 6:30am (way before my alarm clock would've went off), I had to smile! Basking in the sunlight, while still in bed, was actually a nice (and different) way to greet the day.

My joy moment for today was my sunny, wake up call. It gave me an early start and a sunny (ha!) disposition, to boot.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: