Monday, August 30, 2010

New Food-ie!



My co-workers and I decided to actually leave the office today and go out to lunch. We giggled like school girls because this is such a rarity. They didn't tell me where we were going and I didn't bother to ask because I was just happy to be outside in the sunlight.

When the drive took more than a few minutes, I finally asked where we were headed for lunch.

"Pho." I was told.  "Who?" I asked.  "Pho... a Vietnamese restaurant," my co-worker said. "Oh, oh," I said to myself. My giddiness was starting to subside.

You see, I'm not the adventurous type when it comes to food. I'm pretty much a "Basic Betty." That's because my stomach is the biggest, most sensitive baby when it comes to different, spicy, or out of the norm foods. That being the case, I pretty much stick to the tried and true, so my "infant stomach" won't cry out and keep me up all night.

So when I heard Vietnamese, I thought, "Hmmm, this may not go over well."



But it did! The food was delish! Best part, no residual effects (T.M.I!) My "baby" is finally growing up, LOL!



Wish I could remember what I ordered... but I could only concentrate on one thing at a time. The "baby" is so demanding, LOL.

My joy moment today was branching out and trying a new type of cuisine... at least, for me.

I may just become a foodie, yet!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: