Monday, August 23, 2010

On The Lookout!


So how do you go about finding the joy in each day? Honest answer? Some days it's easy. Some days it's a hunt.  Like today...

Hit the snooze button one time too many. Traffic jams filled the entire morning commute. Very delayed appearance at work. Not off to a great start.

It all led to a crazy domino effect for the rest of the morning, and into the afternoon. Hello, Monday!

So how do I find a joy moment amidst the madness... when I can't even find a moment to breathe? I look for it. I seek it out like a ninja, if I have to, LOL. Because like anything else, if you don't make time for it, it won't get done.

If we can make time to take care of everything and everybody, we can, at least try, to find a moment for ourselves and to appreciate the gift of another day. Whether it's a few minutes or a few hours. Whether it's something simple, silly, or sublime. It's worth the time and effort... and does a mind, body and spirit good.

Bonus.. it will be one daily "chore" you'll adore. :-)

My joy moments for today were the simple kind... small, little doses throughout the course of the day. A super-sized, fab cup of coffee, making myself take a brief break for sunshine and fresh air, finding a special treat for a pick me up, and not taking things too seriously.

All of it helped me to keep my sanity, find a smile and add a little pep to my sluggish step. LOL.

Take that, Mr. Monday!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: