Saturday, August 21, 2010

EYE Yay Yay!


Saturday. I had high hopes for today. Wanted to run a few errands, do a few, fun girly things and get a few more hours of shut eye to start off the day. Didn't really turn out that way. Had a last minute eye doc appointment early this morning... didn't get the greatest news.

Have to get laser surgery to repair a small retinal tear. Bummmmer. Then after the intense eye exam, and oh, so fun dialation, Ms. Girl had to rest the lids for awhile, in low light, vampire style. Not the most fun way to spend a bright and sunny Saturday.

So where's the joy in all of this? I'm a lucky girl! Sure, it's not the greatest news but it could have been much, much worse. I've been seeing flashing lights... and not the cool Paparazzi kind. Doc says I should be okay, if I get it taken care of. And supposedly, the laser surgery can be done in the Doc's office and doesn't entail any recovery time. That's good news!

My joy moment for today was getting some answers about my eye issues and the relief of knowing things should be okay.

Knowing is always better than not knowing. I can tell you that!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: