Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mr. Denzel Washington!

I had the most amazing surprise encounter today.  I went for a walk on my lunch hour and a few blocks from my job, there was a film crew shooting a movie. Who was in the movie... Denzel Washington!  "THE" Denzel Washington!  I couldn't believe my eyes. I did a double take.  At first, I figured it had to be an impersonator, but sure enough, it was really him.  I could tell by the growing crowd... and I know my Denzel!

I normally don't get very star struck.  I live in L.A and I work in production. But hello, it's Denzel and I love him!  I couldn't control myself.  I suddenly heard this voice screaming Denzel's name.  It got louder and louder and then I realized... it was me! I couldn't stop myself!  It was like some crazy, out of body experience.  I started jumping up and down and waving my hands trying to get his attention. Thankfully, they weren't shooting anything at the moment because they probably would've hauled me away. 

And then it happens... Denzel turns around and stares into the crowd. I guess he was trying to see who was screaming his name, so "energetically." The crowd gets louder but I out-scream them all when I see him looking in my direction.  He then starts walking over toward us.  I was about lose it.  Is he really coming over?  I will just die!

He comes over to me and says, in that famous Denzel voice, "Was that you screaming my name?" I am now completely mute. I cannot speak.  I am frozen.  I just nod my head. "You must be a big fan," he says.  I nod again. "How would you like to come over and sit in my chair and watch this upcoming scene?" I feel my legs start to buckle.  I shake it off.  I will NOT miss this moment.  I will crawl to his chair if I have to!  Then Denzel Washington takes my hand and starts to lead me away from the crowd, until a woman with a headset comes over and stops him. "You can't do that, Mr. Washington."  "Who says?" he asks. "I say." She answers. "Who are you?" he asks. She says, "My name is April Fool."  

LOL!  I only wish!  All in good fun, my friends.  Today is one of my favorite days.

Joy for me today was making people laugh and pulling a fast one on April Fool's Day.  Hope you enjoyed this one!  :-)  

Stay tuned ;-) 

No comments: