Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sparkly Things

They say diamonds are a girls' best friend but these days, costume jewerlry is king.  


I stopped at a department store today looking for accessories and happened upon a great, costume jewelry sale.  By the way, a sale is also a girl's best friend and may even trump diamonds if the price is right.  But I digress. 
I was looking for a few cute pieces to compliment an outfit for an upcoming event. I wanted something that would stand out but wouldn’t bust my budget.  And there they were... a wonderful assortment of earrings, bracelets, necklaces and more. All sparkly and shiny and glittery... I felt my heart start to flutter. They were all so beautiful... and inexpensive!  I'm sure my heart would patter for diamonds, (love those, too!) but it might be the price tag giving me a heart attack.
The store was offering such a great discount (more than half off), I was able to pick up an assortment of cute items for now and for later without breaking the bank.  Us girls like sparkly things... but I do believe we love sparkly things on sale, even more.
My joy moment today was finding beautiful earrings and bracelets that perfectly accent my outfit and my wallet. Gotta love it!
For all the guys reading this... diamonds still reign.  This was not a green light for cubic zirconia!  LOL.
Stay tuned :-)

No comments: