Saturday, April 3, 2010

27+ Dresses!

Today I mustered up the strength to go dress shopping for a wedding I'm attending in May. I've been dreading it.  Although, I'm looking forward to seeing my good friend get married, the dress shopping part... not so much.

The process of finding a nice dress, that fits and looks great, is stressing me out. I probably wouldn't feel that way if I was at my goal weight, but that's another (long) story.  So now, it's all about searching for a dress that is fabulous and nips and tucks, where needed.

Last year, around this same time, I had to find a dress for a relative's wedding.  I'm not kidding when I say I tried on almost 100 dresses.  I'm a girl... don't judge.  (And, no, I wasn't at my goal weight then, either, LOL.)

So given my history, I wasn't looking forward to this shopping excursion.  I hit up one store and tried on four dresses, no luck. Here we go again, I thought. Then I went to another store and made several trips to the fitting room with armloads of party and cocktail dresses. I was so tired by the 28th dress, that I almost didn't try on the last one.  It wasn't even one of my top picks, so I figured, what was the point? But I decided to give the last dress a try... and guess what?!  Success!  It's pretty cute, fits me well, and makes my voluptuous figure look shapely.  I'll take it!

Only 29 dresses this time... I'm getting better.  Next up... shoes!  Kill me. LOL.

My joy moment today was finding a cute dress that fits me well.  
Heaven help me when it's time to find a wedding dress. :0)

Stay tuned :-) 

No comments: