Friday, April 30, 2010

Girl Talk

Today it was time to get the 'do did... aka get the hair done.

For guys, on a good day, it's only a 30-40 minute session to get their hair cut,.  For gals... just get comfortable, on any day!

Basically, get lunch, get a snack or a beverage because we're going to be here for awhile.

But one of the things I do enjoy about the salon experience is the girl talk.  It's the place where us girls can discuss the things going on in our lives, give advice, get tips and share laughs, all while getting our coifs done.

Today was no exception.  There were about five or six of us in the salon, we were talking and laughing it up so much, it felt more like a social event than a hair appointment.   The best part, we all left looking a little better than we did when we came in. LOL.

My joy moment today was sharing laughter and conversation with sister friends, many of whom I met for the very first time.

Sisterhood, gotta love it.

Stay tuned :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nina! It's T. Faye. I'm so enjoying the nugggets of joy I find here. Keep writing. I am inspired!