Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pre-Birthday Treats

Today I did some girly stuff in preparation for my upcoming birthday this week.

I went in for a mani -pedi, got a brow job done and threw in a mini massage for good measure. I figured I would treat myself.

Turns out, I had a special treat waiting for me at home. 

I returned to my place to find a box from the post office left for me. It contained an early birthday present from my mom.

I called her on Skype, so that we could see each other as I opened my presents.  We had so much fun laughing and chatting as she watched me unwrap my gifts.  She warned that my gifts were, "simple" and "nothing special," she couldn't have been further from the truth. Every item in that box was selected with lots of love and care and it showed. 

Only a mother would send her daughter four birthday cards, LOL.   Each one inscribed.  Each one different, ranging from funny to heartfelt. The box was also filled with many of my favorite treats and a few other sentimental surprises she knew I would enjoy.  

My joy moment today was opening my lovely birthday gifts from my mom and our fun, video chat on Skype.  What a special treat!

Love you, mom!  

Stay tuned :-) 

No comments: