Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Day at a Time



On my drive home tonight, I was thinking of all the things that I had to do this week.

I was already well into next week when I stopped and thought, what about today?  It had gone by so fast, it was a blur.

Many of us spend a lot of time planning, scheduling, arranging and setting up things for future dates. We have to... and planning ahead is a good thing... except when you're so busy planning or packing your days full of stuff, that you can't wait to get them over with.

At least, that's where my head was for a moment today. I was already thinking about the last week of July and headed into August, when I stopped myself.  It was only Tuesday, July 20th, but I was speeding toward Labor Day.

How many times have you said, "I can't wait to get this day or week over with?"

Now, how many times have you said,  "Where did the time go!" "Where did the month go?"  "Can you believe it's Christmas time?! "

I know I'm guilty!

My joy moment today was checking myself and remembering to take it easy, to take it slow, and to take it one day at a time.

Can't get 'em back!  Gotta enjoy each one. :-)

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: