Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kaboom!

Did something a little different this year on the 4th. I checked out Kaboom!... An annual fireworks celebration at Fairplex park.  It's actually two shows in one.

The first part was a monster truck and motor-cross show. I'd never been to this type of show, so I didn't know what to expect.

I have to say, it was a lot of fun watching professional daredevils perform cool stunts using bikes and hyped up, over-sized trucks. I found myself jumping up and cheering with the crowd when the riders did mind-blowing turns on their bikes... high up in the air, no less!  And those guys driving the monster trucks can do some pretty cool things in those big-wheeled babies. Check out the video, below!

The second half, was an amazing fireworks display set to crowd pleasing music. Both kids and adults, were oohing and ahhing at the beautifully choreographed light show.

It turned out to be a pretty cool way to spend the 4th of July.  Lots of food, fun and fireworks! :-)

Here are some pics from the day...










The guys on the bikes did some crazy moves, but not one of them had a spill :-)







Monster Truck Mania!  Check out my video...



My joy moment today was doing something very different for the 4th of July... and enjoying it!

Cheers to the USA and to our troops!

Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl
http://huntforhappy.blogspot.com/

No comments: