Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Accentuate The Positive


A friend and I were talking about ways to de-stress when life stuff gets hectic or annoying.

One of the things I do when it gets particularly crazy, is to put everything in perspective by reminding myself of the good things in my life. I try to shake off the negatives by reeling off a list of the positives. 

Like...

Good health
Good friends
Family
A job
All my senses in working order (especially, my sense of taste)
Clothes on my back 
Roof over my head
A place to lay my noggin
Chocolate hidden in my desk

No matter how simple... taking stock of the good, can help combat the bad. More often than not, I find that it leaves me a little calmer and a lotta grateful.

P.S., my friend agreed that his way, banging the desk, didn't help as much, LOL. 

My joy moment today was accentuating and appreciating the positive. Always a good thing!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl 

No comments: