Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No Way!


I'm learning that sometimes it's okay to say, "no."

Yes, it feels better to be agreeable, open, and to go with the flow... but sometimes, "no" is just the better answer.

Do you want another helping?  No, thank you. The first two were fine.

Do you really need to eat the whole pint of ice cream? Nope!

Do you feel like babysitting my pet snake?  Uh, that would be a big no!

Do I look fat in these jeans?  If you want to live... the answer is always, no. LOL.

Just a few random examples for ya... LOL.

Today I said "no" to a couple of things... and felt good about it.

No, I will not go on a hunt for chocolate throughout the office.

No, I will not order lunch when I have a perfectly good, non-tasty, frozen dinner just waiting to be eaten.

No, I will not pretend that exercise is overrated.

Yep, it's okay to say, "no." Especially, when you know you should... even if it's to yourself.

My joy moment today was telling myself, no way!  I've been developing some very bad habits. Time to reel myself in... big time!

It's always good to have a no-nonsense talk with yourself... and as long as you don't answer back, you're good. :-)

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: