Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Lunch Belles


Is it wrong to find joy and happiness in food? How about just it's very arrival? LOL

Perhaps, it's a habit I'm developing from my co-workers. I call them the lunch ladies. These gals are incredibly on-time and on-schedule when it comes to lunch. Before I got on board with the lunch ladies, I was in the bad habit of eating very late... and every now and then, not at all. I know, crazy!  Food is fuel, for heaven's sake. 

But not anymore... I'm with the gals! 

Lunch is brought up and discussed early. Email suggestions are sent out to everyone... Orders are put in promptly... and food consumption is usually around the same time each day. I'm now a happy follower of this well-orchestrated routine.

And when the order arrives... it's "happy time" at the office!  It's funny, how excited everyone gets when the food appears. I'm not sure if it's happiness or hunger that's bringing about the cheers (and drools), but whatever it is... I'm in. LOL! 

Then there's the social factor. Lunch is the time when we all stop down, catch up and engage in a lively chat-fest. It's definitely an event... and I make sure to get a front row seat. 
,
My joy moment today was answering the lunch time bell and chowing down with my work peeps! Always a fun (and delicious) treat, and just the mid-afternoon jolt I needed to get me through the rest of the day.

I love the lunch ladies!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl 

No comments: