Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hair-raising Day


Saturday. Salon day.

As the ladies know, Saturday is a very busy day at the hair salon. Very! I usually try and do everything I can, not to make an appointment on this day. Beg, borrow, and beg some more if I have to. But there was no way around it this time. So there I was, sitting for several hours at the salon, on a hot and sunny Saturday. And later, under a hot and steamy hair dryer... good times. Not so much!  LOL.

At least the people watching and conversations were good. Nice music was playing and everyone seemed to be in a pleasant mood while getting their 'do's all dolled-up.

Met a 98-year-old woman with the most beautiful white hair. She was so adorable. Everyone commented on how amazing she looked. Listened to a sweet young woman share her excitment about being pregnant with her first child, as we watched her enjoy, and fill an obviously strong craving for McDonald's Mcnuggets. Three boxes worth! She was such a tiny little thing, it wasn't hard to guess she was eating for two. And, of course, there were the lively stories (and light gossip) from the various hairstylists.

At least it's a fun salon, LOL.

My joy moment today was making the most of my marathon trip to the parlor by engaging in interesting convo's with new and old friends. Plus, after all was said in done, I left with a cute new hairdo.

Okay, so it's not the worst way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon! LOL.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

1 comment:

GodsFavDiva said...

I LOVE your entry today, especially as I recently had lunch with some friends and we spent hours talking about our mutual salon experiences.

We covered the intricacies and secrets to enjoying and surviving Saturday, salon day. The only male in our merry lunch group not only gave us his perspective from his memories of waiting almost endlessly for his mother and sisters during their appointments. But he also schooled us on the mores and expected conduct of male barbershops. Too funny!

I've met some of the most interesting women and learned so much about life during my salon Saturdays. Thanks again, Ms. Girl!