Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pepped Up and Ready to Go!


Had a conversation with a friend today who's been stressed out, stuck in a rut and needed a pep talk.

What started out as just a few words of inspiration, turned into a lengthier talk that resulted in a plan of action and resources for her to explore. My friend felt so much better after our chat. I could see the change in her demeanor and it felt good to know that I'd helped.

The weird part?  The talk helped me, too.

Not to sound pompous, but it was a good speech. Just ask my friend! LOL. But seriously, it was moving, insightful, hopeful and on-point. The weird part was how the words just kept pouring out of me... stuff I hadn't shared before and didn't realize I was aware of or thinking about. I found myself sharing lessons, experiences and information that gave my friend perspective and a plan. My friend had several lightbulb moments during it.... and surprisingly, so did I. It made me reflect on my own personal goals that needed action and attention.

As I told my friend, I give all the credit to God. I often ask Him to guide my words and order my steps... and I believe that's what happenend today. He gave me the right words to say to help my friend and at the same time it helped me.  That's just how good He is. :-)

My joy moment today was giving my friend a pep talk that got her out of her funk and energized me, as well.

A two-for-one, pep talk.  He's good! LOL.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: