Monday, February 8, 2010

Inspiration

Tonight, I got a pep talk.  Very unexpected.  Not requested. Out of the blue.

I just finished watching a movie with my dear friend.  I  was reading the credits, and was surprised to see that the lead actor in the film also penned the script. He wasn't a big name actor, but he did have a role in a sitcom.  I shared this with my friend and he flatly said, "you could do that".

I tossed him a weak grin and continued watching TV.  Noticing, he said it again, "you could".  "You could create your own show or write a movie if you wanted".   At this point, I give him a bewildered look, trying to figure out where this is coming from, as this is a person who rarely speaks and is king of the one word answer.

He goes on and on about all the things I've done in the past, my skills, etc. I'm staring at him, half listening, mostly wondering if he's had too much caffeine or if I'm being punked.

He then said, "I believe in you and I don't even know all the things that you can do.  You should believe in yourself".  That one stuck... and nudged me out of my complacency.

I don't know what prompted him to tell me that.  He told me he didn't know either, but maybe it was something I needed to hear. "Perhaps God was trying to tell you something", he said.  I think he's right.  I  do believe God tries to tell us things and that He works in mysterious ways.

I hear you.  I'm going to get on it!

God bless the messenger.

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: