Saturday, February 6, 2010

Retail Therapy Goes Awry

Yay, Saturday! I decided to take in a little retail therapy today.  It's been awhile since I went shopping, so I decided to treat myself to a few outfits. I probably would've enjoyed the experience more if I wasn't 4000 pounds!

Yes, I'm exaggerating, but that's how I felt. The extra poundage I put on last year showed up, big time, in those unforgiving, dressing room mirrors.  Trying on clothes was like a bad contortionist act... and was just as painful. Is it me or is the clothing made smaller these days?  I know, I know, it's me!  Sigh!  I need to put down the fork and pick up some exercise classes.

Needless to say, trying on outfits wasn't much fun. Neither was the three-hour hunt for an item that didn't look like it should've been a bedspread or a couch cover.

My joy moment came when I was done shopping. I almost ran to the car, I was so happy it was over. I was also pleased that I managed to find a few things that actually fit.  Even happier when I returned home and could finally rest my very tired feet.  When I realized I didn't have anything else pressing to do and could just relax... I was elated!  Those moments are few and far between and I was appreciative.

Couch time trumps retail therapy... at least for today!   I'll take it.

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: