Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gospel Hour

I've mentioned my long commute to work on this blog a few times. I drive almost 45 miles one way, and at times it can take an hour and a half to reach my destination.

It can be pretty tiring but I don't like to complain because I'm so thankful to be employed again. Barring a few road rage moments, I try to suck it up and deal because I know I'm very blessed to have a job.

During the rainy, drive home tonight I wanted to remember that and be thankful.  I listened to inspiring and uplifting gospel music during my drive.  I even sang along, loudly at times, enthralled in the lyrics and the messages. To my surprise, I found myself humming and singing the entire ride, and not once did I look at the clock or become anxious over the traffic jams.

My gospel hour enriched me spiritually and lifted me up. The songs helped me to get centered again and  remember what's really important.  They reminded me of all that I have to thankful for.

I was riding high.  A spiritual, natural high.  Good stuff.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: