Thursday, December 9, 2010

Speak Up!

Sometimes silence isn't golden.

I have found that sometimes things just need to be said. Sometimes you must speak up for yourself or even for someone else.  Speaking out is not always easy but there are occasions when it's necessary and has to be done.

Certain times, being silent may allow things to fester, to go too far or lead to undesirable consequences. Sometimes a voice is needed.

This all came to mind today after I realized that a matter I initially thought I should let pass needed addressing.  A conversation was required so that all involved could be on the same page and things could progress smoothly. Staying silent wouldn't do anyone, any good.

My joy moment today was coming to that realization and making plans to have a friendly chat fest.

Go team!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

2 comments:

Jodene said...

That was one of my greatest lessons too. The second one was to remember that you have no control of the reactions of those who hear your truth.

Make it fun ;-)
mmmwa

MS. GIRL said...

Good one! Very true. Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom, friend! :-)