Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And This to Shall Pass


Life has been a little crazy for me this week. I'm not going to lie, it's been crazy for several weeks.

During times like these, I try to remind myself that this too shall pass.

We all go through trying times, especially these days... Crazy, difficult, stressful life situations or events. I've learned (and I'm still learning) to look for the lesson during these times and to remember the blessing. That may sound a bit conflicting but allow me to explain.

The Lesson. Usually, there is something to be learned from an unpleasant situation.  If we look back over past difficult occasions, we can usually pinpoint a lesson or experience that has helped us in some way, often in the future. Sometimes, we get the lesson while we're still in it, other times we have to reflect back before we make the realization. At times it's a simple lesson, other times it's a hard one, but they're usually there.

The Blessing. During this time, I also try to count my blessings and remember that no matter how difficult or trying a life situation can be, things could be worse, much worse. I may not always feel that way but if I really stop to think about it, more often than not, it's true.

Of course there will always be hills and valleys in life, but with God's grace, I come out of them stronger, wiser, and at times, better for it.

My joy moment today was remembering that. In the meantime, I try to stay strong, stay focused, stay faithful... and remember that this too shall pass.

Be well, friends!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: