Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All That Jazz!


Previously, I've mentioned that I like jazz music. Today I happened upon, KJazz. 88.1, a non-commercial public radio station from Cal State Long beach campus. It's sooo good!  I've come across the station briefly in the past but today I locked it into my favorites and had a long enjoyable listen on my ride home.

I wish I could say I was a jazz aficionado and could name drop all the great artists or give you a breakdown on the harmony and composition of the music.  Alas, no. I just love the way the music makes me feel.

I enjoy the beauty of the music and the emotions it evokes. Some songs have me toe tapping, others take my mind to far away places. It's amazingly relaxing.

Another great element about the KJazz station is they make sure to tell you who the artist is for each song. So glad they do. I wrote down a couple of songs I'd like to purchase in the future.  Who knows, I just might become an aficionado yet!  :-)

My long and fabulous, jazzy interlude was my joy moment today.

I was lovin' all that jazz! (Insert jazz hands here, LOL!)

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: