Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pace Yourself


Most of us run around all week with life stuff, work stuff, personal obligations and so on. Sometimes it's hard to slow down, even when the weekend arrives.  And even then, we try to cram more stuff in. That was me today.

Although, it was Saturday, I was still on overdrive. Even after I'd stopped working, completed my day's obligations and my weary body was finally stationary... my mind was still racing. My body was saying, "slow down" but my mind was saying, "Hey, we can get more stuff done." Thankfully, the body won out.  

It took several hours but finally my restlessness subsided and relaxation started to kick in. It actually took quite awhile, and that's just wrong.  It was time to find some balance... because if I didn't, burnout was surely on the horizon. Today gave me a good reminder.

Sometimes your body will give you a warning that's it's time to slow down, time to slow your pace. And sometimes, we have to listen.

Getting that reminder and heeding my body's warning signals was my joyful (and restful) moment for today.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: