Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Off The Beaten Path


Today I got caught in a huge traffic jam on the way home. Cars were crawling along at a mind-numbing 5 miles per hour.

I reprogrammed my GPS and made my way to the nearest exit. The new route took me a long way around. Several miles through residential neighborhoods, through the city then eventually back to a freeway.

And you know what?  It wasn't bad.

Sure, it took me a long time to get home but I was constantly moving, out of traffic and I was able to take in completely new scenery. I passed a couple of great restaurants, unique stores, beautiful homes, a miniature golf place, a concert hall and even a car raceway. Huh?! I know! LOL.

Then before long, I started recognizing my area again... I was nearly home. It made me realize, every now and then, it's nice to go off the beaten path. Every now and then, making a point to see, do, or try something new can be a great adventure or just a needed change of pace. Tonight it was both for me.

My unplanned, yet very eventful, night drive was my joy moment for today.

Vroom Vroom!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: