Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wave Action!


Tried out a new beach location today in Newport Beach, California. Beautiful locale with lots of great wave action. I watched huge crashing waves, surfers riding them high, sailboats swaying through them, jet skiers hopping over them, cruise ships gliding through them, and kids getting knocked down by them. And I got to take in all of that great water activity from the wonderful vantage point of my sand-perched lounge chair. Good times.

There was so much activity in the water I surmised, from the frowns of nearby fisherman, that the fish took the day off, LOL.

A friend, and fellow beach lover, took me to Newport today and showed me their favorite spot at the beach, a somewhat remote area called, "The Wedge." So nice! It didn't have a ton of people on the sand but it had a ton of water activity along the ocean backdrop to keep you entertained all day... even as a land lover. It was especially fun watching all the surfer dudes doing cool tricks on their boards and catching a few of their unbelievable (and hilarious!) wipeouts. Those guys are non-stop wave chasers!


Cool company.  Pleasant weather.  Great people watching.  And an awesome packed lunch. It was a good day.

My joy moment today was taking in a relaxing day, at a great new beach spot and enjoying some fun (and free!) visual entertainment.

Hi-five, my friend!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: