Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunny Delight!


I'm a self-proclaimed sun baby.

I love the sun!  Anytime I can sit out or layout in the sun is a good day for me.  I think everyone enjoys a sunny day, but I admit sometimes I can get a tad carried away.

Recently, it was over 100 degrees outside and a few friends and I were headed out to a lunch spot. Although, it was pretty hot (and not a single soul was eating outdoors) I wanted to dine outside. I figured a little sweat never hurt anybody, right?  My friends obliged, but when beads of sweat starting dripping down their faces and into their food... (I know, not so fun) I relented and we headed inside. Okay, so sometimes, indoors with air conditioning is the better call... sometimes. LOL.


I can't help it! Anytime I can soak up some sunshine, without the risk of heatstroke, of course, I'm there. I think part of it has to do with the fact that during the week, the only time I see the sun is on my drive to work.

For the most part, like many people, I'm inside all day under the unflattering glare of fluorescent lights... aka a lab rat. :-)


So, when the weekend rolls around, I make it a point to catch some rays. Today was that day for me. I found a new spot at a lovely park I recently located near my house.

It was a gorgeous day, 94 degrees, with a slight (very) breeze. Perfect day for sun lounging. I spent a couple of hours soaking up the sun's serotonin... near a shady tree, I'm no fool. LOL.


My joy moment today was catching some rays on a warm Sunday.

It left me with a "sunny" disposition. Ha! I couldn't resist :-)

Be well, friends!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: