Sunday, October 31, 2010

Feeling Good!


Need to get pumped up and ready for a new day?  For another Monday?

This amazing song from the late, great jazz artist Nina Simone, does the trick for me. Even on days like today, when I'm not feeling 100 percent, something about this soulful and passionate song soothes my spirit.

There have been several remakes of this song, Michael Buble also has a nice version. But Ms. Simone's soulful rendition is a timeless classic.

I love the words...

"Birds flying high you know how I feel


Sun in the sky you know how I feel


Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel


It's a New Dawn


It's a New Day


It's a New Life 


For me


... And I'm feeling good."

Click on the link below and have a listen... Here's Ms. Nina Simone singing, "Feeling Good."

"Nina Simone/Feeling Good - YouTube Vid"

Listening to this wonderful song helped me to start my day off right... and it was my very soulful and joyful moment for today.

Hope it leaves you Feeling Good, friends!

Have a great one.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

2 comments:

Jodene said...

I love this song! What a great way to start a week and I have a feeling it's gonna be a gorgeous one! Big hugs to Ms. Girl!!

MS. GIRL said...

Thanks you, Ms. J! I love it, too. Great minds. :-)

Hugs back at ya!