Monday, October 25, 2010

Take Five!



Today I was off and running as soon as I walked in the office. There were already several emails and voice mails waiting for me and an impromptu meeting was called shortly after I arrived.

Later on, I checked the clock and it was already 2pm. I wondered where the day had gone. Things were speeding by and I barely had two sips of coffee.

I needed to reel things in... fast.  It was time to settle down and re-focus. And I did just that... with one small act.

I got up and closed my office door.  Just like that, things went quiet. All the hustle and bustle around me stopped. I exhaled, took a quick five and got re-adjusted.

Quiet time was just what I needed.  I sent out about 8-10 lengthy emails, answered several calls and prioritized my to do list.

I was super productive and much more relaxed, to boot!

My joy moment today was closing my door, getting re-energized and getting down to business.  Is it wrong to love a door? LOL. Because today I did.

Now if I could just get a window, LOL!

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: